Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Origin by Dan Brown

Origin (Robert Langdon, #5)Origin by Dan Brown
My Rating: 4 of 5 stars
Finished Reading: April 3, 2018
Format: Audiobook
Favorite Quote(s):
"Historically, the most dangerous men on earth were men of God . . . especially when their gods became threatened. And I am about to hurl a flaming spear into a hornets’ nest."
Review:
I love Robert Langdon and have read all his adventures. They are my guilty pleasure. I like the short chapters, the pace, the puzzles, the surprise at the end. This was no different than the 4 before. I'm not sure where I would rank this one among the 5. It certainly had less puzzles for me to sort out as the story went on and I found the end to be predictable, but I liked it as much as I've liked the others. I worried at the beginning that it would be too much like the DaVinci Code, but besides the similarities found in all of Brown's Langdon books (Langdon, lady companions, religion, puzzles, science) it stands on its own. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to get lost in a mystery for a while and who doesn't mind waiting out the conclusion even if you are pretty sure you know where it's going. Really, more than anything, it made me want to travel to Barcelona and see the work of Gaudi and for this traveler's heart, that's enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds

Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds My Rating: 5 of 5 stars Finished Reading:  September 5, 2018 Format:  Book Favorite Quote(s): "Y...