Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Salt by Nayyirah Waheed

SaltSalt by Nayyirah Waheed
My Rating: 5 of 5 stars
Finished Reading: June 22, 2018
Format: Book
Favorite Quote(s):
"listen to my poems. but do not look for me. look for you. - you"
"i bleed every month. but do not die. how am i not magic. - the lie"
"you see your face. you see a flaw. how. if you are the only one who has this face. - the beauty construct"
"you not wanting me. was the beginning of me wanting myself. thank you. - the hurt"
Review:
What else to say, but to quote this book. Wow.

"If I write what you may feel but cannot say, it does not make me a poet. It makes me a bridge. And I am humbled and I am grateful to assist your heart in speaking."

"Some people when they hear your story. Contract. Others upon hearing your story. Expand. And this is how you know."

Thank you Ms. Waheed for being a bridge and helping me expand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds

Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds My Rating: 5 of 5 stars Finished Reading:  September 5, 2018 Format:  Book Favorite Quote(s): "Y...